CALL FOR CONTENT
This is Long Term Care 2023 Call for Content is Now Open
Join us for Ontario Long Term Care Association’s (OLTCA) 2023 conference, This is Long Term Care: From Innovation to Impact!
This year, the conference is an opportunity for the long-term care sector to come together and look to towards the future and lead change in long-term care. We are seeking emerging research, quality improvement initiatives, innovations and expertise that can educate and inspire others in seniors’ care and provide practical strategies that improve quality of care and quality of life.
The OLTCA invites change-makers, sector partners and industry stakeholders to share your unique strategies and solutions to help guide the path forward. This is an opportunity to present about your innovative improvements to care and quality of life, and your partnerships in the health system and other sectors that are helping to address challenges in seniors’ care.
Our conference will focus on four key programing streams:
• Quality Improvement
Showcase quality improvement initiatives and approaches, particularly better leveraging data and processes to improve care.
• Health Human Resources
Highlights strategies to improve recruitment, retention, and training for staff members, including approaches to improve staff experience.
• Capital Redevelopment
Focuses on tools, information, and strategies for building and redeveloping long-term care homes, including innovations in physical spaces to better meet resident needs.
• Partnering for Better Care
Spotlights ways of partnering with residents, families, caregivers, sector partners, researchers, communities, and others to improve and enhance long-term care.
Below are some examples of possible topics, but we encourage all submissions that fit within our content streams:
• Strategies to improve quality of life and resident autonomy
• Applying a palliative philosophy to care
• Leveraging technology in long-term care
• Quality improvement approaches and using data to drive planning
• Building ethical frameworks to navigate difficult decisions
• Long-term care capital development – strategies, innovations, and building for tomorrow
• Creating inclusive spaces – best practices in equity, diversity and inclusion both for care and for staff members
• Partnering with residents, families, and caregivers
• Caring for our future residents – supporting residents with growing complex needs and new practices in care
• Best practices outside of Ontario – Canadian or International examples of innovation
• Staffing recruitment, retention, and models – strategies, innovation, and solutions
This year applicants can apply to present in one of three different formats:
• Workshop – A 45-minute concurrent session, dedicated to a single content area and project. Presenters should provide a hands-on interactive learning experience and a deep dive into relevant content. The workshop design (i.e., activities) chosen should tie directly to the proposed learning objectives. Applications that demonstrate content that enables scale and spread of ideas will be rated more favourably.
• Oral Presentation – A 45-minute session with 35 minutes of presentation time followed by 10 minutes of presenter moderated discussion and questions taken from the audience. Presenters must demonstrate high quality and methodology and are encouraged to highlight outcomes and results.
• Panel – A 45-minute session featuring multiple representatives on a given topic (i.e., Member Home, Caregiver, Resident, Business Partner) the format will include 35 minutes of presentation time followed by 10 minutes of presenter moderated discussion and questions taken from the audience.
Click below to download the Call for Content – Instructions for Applicants for full details on session formats, themes, and the submission process.
Successful applicants agree to the following:
1. Register for the conference by Tuesday, September 12, 2023.
2. Agree to be profiled in selected OLTCA conference promotional material, social media channels, or other activities outside of the event including annual magazines, webinars, etc.
3. If selected to present, agree to respond within seven (7) days from the date you are notified that you accept or reject their invitation to be part of the 2023 program.
Important Key Dates
- Exhibitor & Sponsorship sales are now open
- Call for Content application close Monday, June 12, 2023, at 5:00 PM ET
- Applicants will be notified of the decision between June 19 – 23, 2023 (date subject to change)
- Applicants will have seven (7) days from the date they are notified to accept their invitation to be part of the 2023 program
- All selected presenters must be registered as a conference delegate or business Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- This is Long Term Care 2023 conference will take place Monday, October 23 – Wednesday, October 24, 2023
T: 888.527.3434 / 519.263.5050